Monday, July 26, 2010

How to keep a food diary, or maybe how not too....


7:00 am - wake up (or hit the snooze until the last possible moment)
 
8:00 am - eat breakfast (usually on the go - so it's usually the Atkins shakes, if I can I've had one slice of LC toast with butter)

11:00 am - snack  (I've had LF Mozerella, or SF Jello, some times  handful of nuts)

1:30 pm - Lunch (I've been able to be more flexible with this one, having one LC tortilla with cheese and meat, and a salad)

4:30 - I have been making a ricotta pudding for this time slot, and I like it.

Then after I get home from work, I work out, and then usually I eat a lean meat and vegetables.  It's become a habit, and I have lots of options to choose from. This is generally around 7:00pm, but lately I've been  walking at 7:30 so I've just been grabbing what I can.  Not the best way to eat.

Then some time after I get back from my hour and a half walk I remember that I need to eat again, this could be just before I crawl back into bed.

I was better at this, and now I'm having a more difficult time remembering.  I've also forgotten to take my flax and fish oil, you know the things that actually help your memory.  Yep, this is going to be fun.

So, I've been making things ahead.  I'm not quite there for the week, but I have some egg cups and the 5X5 Brownies made from the Metabolism Miracle book.  I'm just waiting for the cook book to come out now.  The Brownies are alright, nothing to jump up and down about, but since I'm not supposed to have cake these are better than nothing.  I'll try them with the whipping cream on them next time, for a bit of extra sweetness.

I'm pretty sure I can't focus on more than one thing at a time, which is funny because I do multi-task, but I get distracted easily.  The "oh, shiny" takes over and I'm off to the next distraction.  This would be fine but I have two goals this year.  One is to complete a new piece of art each week, and that hasn't happened for a while.  The other goal is to loose weight and get my health back.  I've been consumed with this one for the past couple of weeks.  I've been told by other well meaning people that I can do both, but what they don't get is that I really can't.  I may have to adjust my art goal, to completing one every other week.

I still need to work out tonight, and paint.  It's 11pm and I'm not sure that I will work out tonight, my head is pounding and I'm not feeling well.  I think I will take a stab at another sumi-ink painting and take it easy before I crawl into bed and wish I could be cuddling with my hubby.

I will try to post one of the recipes soon.  I plan to try them all out in this book.  I'm going to win, and I will be back to myself.  Hopefully soon I'll be funny again too, I'm starting to really miss my sense of humor.  I'm out to nurse my head ache have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...