Monday, November 1, 2010

New Machine - Icecream Maker



Not quite the original machine I had been looking at, but on sale and available at Sur La Table, so is the other one, and of course the higher end models as well.    Of course none of them come with the ice cream scoop, it is sold separately.  This may or may not be important to you, but you should be aware.  There are additional bowls you can purchase as well, just so you know, and a set you can buy them together.
I have been thinking about getting an ice cream maker since Cooking light ran a recipes for a Honey-Lavender Ice cream, sometime in 2008, and recently Elana's Pantry.com posted a Vegan Pumpkin Icecream.  So, now since I'm limiting my dairy, and I'm not always in the mood for gelato, this sounded like something that could still work for me.  Buying non-dairy ice cream just hasn't been happening, I've been getting the regular kind, the flavors are much more fun and interesting.  So, I decided to get the ice cream maker.  I did have to give up shoes to get it though, and that was painful since I found the cutest heals from Aerosols, so they would be stylish and comfortable.  In the interest of health, it seemed that this was a better choice though.  I still would like to loose weight and have a family, if I can manage to get my body to balance itself out and work properly.  All of these changes have taken a toll on me, now I look at family gatherings, and birthdays, work parties, and I wonder if I need to make my own food.  I've eaten regular pizza last week, and it messed with my digestive system, and I really regretted it.  So, now for work parties I have to make sure to plan ahead.  It's good know why my internal system was not properly functioning, but it is a whole new way to cook and live. 
I made the pancakes this morning, but I will have to write about them later on this week.  There are absolutely wonderful sites for gluten free living, and one of them is Elana' Pantry.com.  So, this is a post about a gadget, and the hope of making wonderful frozen treats that will not send me into skyrocketing insulin levels, and should help me continue to eat intuitively.  Sugar seems to slow my ability to recognize fullness, and hunger properly.  Isn't this fun to know?  I know that the dietitian who helped me said I could have ice cream in moderation, but that was becoming an issue.  Unless I bought the single serving size, I just wasn't doing well with the moderation part.  Until the sugar cravings stop, I need to have a sugar fast.  What ever your motivation, or your dietary needs, remember why you are making changes.  When people say discouraging things just say to yourself "you do your eatin' your way, I'll do  my eatin' my way" - The Sheepman It's from a Glenn Ford movie, click here for a trailer.
I couldn't find a clip of the scene, but you get the idea.  No one else is going to take as good of your health as you will, so guard yourself accordingly.

Proverbs 23:1-3 (New International Version)

Proverbs 23

   Saying 7
 1 When you sit to dine with a ruler,
   note well what[a] is before you,
2 and put a knife to your throat
   if you are given to gluttony.
3 Do not crave his delicacies,
   for that food is deceptive.


Just something to think about when you are dining with others.  If you are making changes, those who have lived with you or been friends with you may not understand that even though this will not immediately put you in the ER, it will send you there soon enough if you do not take care of yourself.  The holidays are coming up, and I will find the recipes that I love, and see how well they will work in with my new way of eating, I'll share these finds with you all as well. Guard your hearts, and keep your focus.

3 comments:

  1. you'll have to post some great reciepes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m hoping to do some soon. I had to freeze the bowl for a full 24 hours. Many of the recipes have you cook things, and then you chill them in the fridge before you add them to the machine. So, by next weekend I'll have made a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as an FYI, the Vegan pumpkin Ice cream, I would add something of cashew milk, almond milk, more coconut milk, or something instead of the water to make it more creamy instead of so thin tasting. The flavor was good, but it was not creamy enough for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...