Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Brownies made with coconut flour


Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies (GF)
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Melt butter and chocolate together.
  3. Add honey to bring down temperature before adding the egg.
  4. Whisk in egg.
  5. Add coconut flour, salt and baking soda. Combine.
  6. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
  7. Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
  8. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Do not overbake.
  • these brownies they cut best when they are cold
  • can easily be a nut free brownie by omitting the nuts
  • for cake-like brownies, simply add one more egg




I saw a version of these on Elana's Pantry, and there was a link to the Gluten Free Fix, I used a combination of both of them.  I love the use of real butter, but I love the more vanilla as well.  These are not to dense, and not to cakey either, just perfect.  My husband viewed them with wary eyes, and has not tried them.  I took them to work though and tested them out on two co-workers, one is Celiac and the other is not.  Both of them love these brownies!  I used the Ghiradelli chocolate, the higher amount of cocoa so that these were very rich in chocolate flavor.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 servings

Amount per Serving

Calories 412
Calories from Fat 301.6

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 33.51g  51%
Saturated Fat 12.96g  64%
Cholesterol 50.56mg  16%
Sodium 147.77mg  6%
Total Carbohydrate 29.23g  9%
Dietary Fiber 5.09g   20%
Sugars 20.26g
Protein 4.58g  9%

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat  73%
Carbs  28%
Protein  4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

I had to use the nutrition facts from Bob's Red Mill Coconut flour instead of my usual Tropical Traditions, Livestrong (which is where I got the nutritional info from) did not have that brand listed. Not very healthy, but very good.  If I'm going to have something delicious I will have these.  My chocolate fix is complete with these, I'm not looking for anything else to satisfy that craving.  I hope you enjoy these, or make the changes to fit your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...