Monday, August 15, 2011

The Madness Continues


Two weeks ago my house guest heart patient decide it was time for him to go home.  He packed up his things and  asked us to drive him home.  The good news is, he was taken off of most all of his restrictions, and was fine to get back to a bit more normal routine.  We had splurge even and went to get ice cream together.
The week after my father-in-law headed home my friend went in for her surgery.  I knew this one was coming, and I had already agreed to assist.  I was there through out her surgery and was so glad that she did not have any issues with breathing or anything during the process. It went very well.  The after affects have been a bit more than either of us expected, and we have learned so much more about each other though this process.  Nothing like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire together!  I will spare you all the details and her and I some embarrassment, but there are a few saying that we now know to be incorrect about what friends can and can not do.
Now if all of this going back and forth to the Dr.'s office wasn't fun enough, I've been trying to get caught up at work, and now my sister-in-law is moving! Another thing I knew was happening, and was completely exited for.  It all seems to be converging on one weekend though, and wow, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all that I have decided to tackle.
I'm sure if my mother was here she would tell me to slow down and get some rest, but I just can't seem to do that right now.

On a bright note, I got my monthly box of vegetables today! I keep thinking it is coming later in the month, and am surprised when it arrives a week earlier than I anticipated.

Monday 08/15/2011 - Friday 08/19/2011

Service: Regular

(Weights are approximate)
plum_mariposa.jpg 4 cnt Dinuba Red Plum
recipe_icon
grape_flame.jpg 2 lb Dinuba Flame Seedless Grape info_icon recipe_icon
squash_summer_crookneckyellow.jpg 1.5 lb Our Farm Yellow Squash, summer
recipe_icon
tomato_earlygirl.jpg 1.5 lb Our Farm Slicing Tomato info_icon recipe_icon
melon_cantelope.jpg 1 cnt Our Farm Assorted Melon, musk info_icon recipe_icon
brocolli_bunched.jpg 1 cnt Salinas Bunched Broccoli info_icon recipe_icon
eggplant_globe.jpg 1 cnt Our Farm Assorted Eggplant info_icon recipe_icon
tomato_cherry_mixedmedley.jpg 1 pt Our Farm Assorted Tomato, cherry info_icon recipe_icon
lettuce_greenleaf.jpg 1 bu Watsonville Green Leaf Lettuce info_icon recipe_icon

So, it looks like I will get to incorporate eggplant into something this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...