Friday, November 4, 2011

I didn't fall off the face of the earth.. I swear!

 I know, it's been a while. I'm sorry, truly I am.
This year has been interesting to say the least.  So, we are no longer visiting Dr's and I no longer have to bike to work, so it can be by choice again.  These are things I value highly, and am very thankful for.

As I was dashing out of the house today I just about tripped over my Farm Fresh ToYou delivery. Things have been moving and happening taking me out of my normal routine, I had not thought of the delivery at all until that moment.

Monday 10/31/2011 - Friday 11/04/2011
Service: Regular
(Weights are approximate)
apple_braeburn.jpg 4 cnt Washington Braeburn Apple info_icon recipe_icon
pomegranite.jpg 2 cnt Arvin Red Pomegranate info_icon recipe_icon
potato_sweet.jpg 1.5 lb Livingston Sweet Potato info_icon recipe_icon
grape_crimson.jpg 1 lb Delano Crimson Grape info_icon recipe_icon
radish_red.jpg 1 bu Our Farm Assorted Radish info_icon recipe_icon
carrot_nates.jpg 1 bu Our Farm Nantes Carrot info_icon recipe_icon
collardgreens.jpg 1 bu Our Farm Bunched Collard
recipe_icon
squash_winter_spagetti.jpg 1 cnt Our Farm Spaghetti Squash, winter
recipe_icon
lettuce_greenleaf.jpg 1 bu Salinas Green Leaf Lettuce info_icon recipe_icon
dill.jpg 1 cnt Watsonville Bunched, fresh Dill
recipe_icon

I'm never at a loss for what to do with spaghetti squash, I'm happy with it baked with a small amount of butte on it, but this recipe just looked delicious, and it's another way to incorporate kale.

Oh My Gosh Spaghetti Squash


Butternut Squash and onion


I baked up this concoction and made my hubby grumpy.  He is evidently not a fan of Garam Marsala, all the things I'm still learning. I thought it turned out pretty good, but I like Indian spiced food. 


1 spray(s) cooking spray
2 1/4 pound(s) butternut squash, fresh, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 medium red onion(s), halved and thinly sliced ( I used a yellow onion, I'm not fond of the purple onions)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped (I did not have and so it was not included)

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.

Place squash and onion on prepared baking sheet; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with garam masala, salt and pepper; toss to coat.

Roast, tossing about halfway through cooking, until squash and onions are tender and slightly browned, about 25 minutes.

Transfer vegetables to a serving platter or bowl and sprinkle with cilantro; toss to coat.
Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 6



Here is another variation with apples that sounds good as well:
The Good Bowl: Indian Spiced roasted apples with butternut squash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...