Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays - Eat Pray Love



 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 
Page 87

It means, "Speak the way you eat," or, in my personal translation: "Say it like you eat it."  It's a reminder - when you're making a big deal out of explaining something, when you're searching for the right words- to keep your language as simple and direct as Roman food.

6 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the book I am reading during my lunches at work, it may be a while before I finish it. I've been enjoying it so far though, she has a fabulous way of expressing herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did make it into a Movie, with Julia Roberts. I've seen the movie, and I like it, but I've really been enjoying the book and hearing her voice come through rather than just what happened on this journey of hers. She really had a lot going on through her heart and mind, and it's interesting to see how this journey of hers came about and how she changed through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this book. She actually lives not far from me... and occasionally goes to my yoga studio! I've also seen her speak. She's brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a small world! I have been reading his book during my lunch break so it's taking me longer to get through, but it has been delightful so far.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...