Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Banana & Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Muffins



 I have been traveling and getting ready to travel for a while.  The drive to my sisters was long and cold.  Normally the trip take 9 hours, it took 16 hours.  I had many, many thoughts on the drive here to think of all the funny titles, and things I could say about our trip, things like "have you hugged you're tires today?"  Inspired by our many times putting chains on our tires, and taking them off in bellow freezing weather.  Yes, I've hugged a tire, and I didn't like it.  Yes, the trip has worn me out, and I'm a bit punchy.  The good news is, I made treats for our journey, and they were delicious.  I combined two recipes, and made a delectable treat.  The only thing is, after putting chains on and off your tires a couple of times, you just can't get that rubber smell off your hands with wipes. So, we come to my sisters house with treats to share, and they were well received.


Banana Coconut Flour Muffins
Procedure:
Pre-heat oven at 350 F degrees.

1 - Mix coconut flour and baking powder (put it in separate bowl.)
2 - In a mixing bowl, beat eggs gradually, and then add milk, honey, coconut oil, butter, vanilla and salt.
3 - Continue mixing.
4 - Then add the coconut flour with baking powder and mashed bananas. Blend well.
5 - Grease 12 muffin cups with coconut oil.
6 - Fill greased muffin cups with the batter.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Yield: 12 muffins

These are exceptionally moist and delicious.  I'm sure that agave could be used in place of the honey and quite possibly eliminated or reduced, depending on your desired amount of sweetness.  Just make sure that if you eliminate it, to add in more milk or banana to make up those three tablespoons.


I baked these for our long drive, and loved them so much I made more once I got there. I let my friends and family try them, and they loved them.  These muffins even had to be hid from the kids in order to save them for the party so that others could enjoy them.  We had a great time, and miss everyone we saw during our visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...