Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It looks like I will have to try some Kale

Photo credit goes to: www.worldcommunitycookbook.org
For all of you who love to try new things, this is probably nothing scary or adventurous in trying a new vegetable or even re-trying something that previously you were not fond of.
I've tried kale before, but it was bitter, and not what I wanted to eat in my salad, so I've left it alone.  In fact I've never tried kale again. (insert frowny face here) I know I should, but I'm hesitant to spend money on a vegetable that I might just toss, and that is something to think about.  But I've been told that adding kale is something I should do, and now I'm seeing all sorts of my favorite bloggers talking it up.

Kale - Incyst link

Fare to Remember:
All Hail Kale Part-1
All Hail Kale Part 2 Obsessed
Call of Cauliflower part 3 cauliflower - with use of kale
Chipotle Prawn Tostadas - recipe uses kale
If you live in marin county ...

even Elana's Pantry loves kale



More than Burnt toast mentions kale

My Kitchen My Worldireland Potato Farls




So, my darlings, it would seem that I need to belly up to the bar as it were and give this leafy green another shot.  I will have to come back and share how it all worked out for me, I think I will try the kale chips first since those have received the best press thus far.  But seriously, take the time to check out the photo's at A Fare to Remember's site, she can make food look good.

 
Here are some other places mentioning kale, and kale recipes.

Top rated recipes from All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...