Monday, December 27, 2010

Straight up, with a twist - We're talkin' water!

Straight up - with a twist - I made sure to find the terms here first.


Instead of buying filtered water for work, how about using the Brita pitcher, the Zero pitcher, or even the Pur water dispenser.  These save the environment, as well as your pocket book, in the long run, and you can refill them at work.

This year for Christmas I received a water pitcher.  The plastic components in this pitcher are all BPA free!  It's also red which I love, it's my favorite color.

Mavea Water Filtration Pitcher



In going through the Medifast Diet I learned an easy way to figure out how much water you should be drinking. Figure what ever your weight is, and divide that number in half, drink that number in ounces each day.  It may seem like a lot, but when you increase your activity level and your fiber content you need to help flush your system out.  It also helps to keep you feeling satisfied when you reduce your calorie intake, along with helping your skin looking fresher and more radiant.  Keep yourself hydrated.  Drinks with caffeine actually dehydrate you, so those can not be counted towards your water goal, as well as soda type drinks which are just pure sugar and carbonation.  I learned in going to India as well as being on the swim team in high school, carbonation is not good for you.  It dehydrates you, and does not help you be the best in your athletic performance. 

Some related information:
If It's good for Kitty Acne it's good for your acne too!
Wonders of Water - many people can't tell hunger from thirst, so I disagree with their findings on the quantity of water that they no longer recommend.
Water may be a secret weapon in weight-loss
Benefit of Drinking water

I have also found a new BPA free water bottle, it was at Costco, and I'm a big fan of this one. Again, along with being BPA free it is spill proof when you put the lid on properly.  I have to have spill proof things.  It also comes in multiple colors, and it fits in my drink console in my car.


Contigo water bottle

There is no straw, you squeeze the neck and the top opens up.  The whole bottle is dishwasher safe, and there are no places for bacteria and mold to grow if you wash it properly.  The one with the straw had a habit of things growing in the mouth piece which is just disturbing.  The link takes you to Amazon, but like I said, I found mine at Costco.  It's a nice way to keep your filtered water with you when you are on the go.  It helps me remember how much water I've had through out the day, and it also helps me not go for the soda when I'm out and about. 

Find what works for you, but this is my new favorite bottle.

Remember that adding small amounts of fruit to your water keeps it tasting new and refreshing. Options include lemon, lime, orange, raspberries, strawberries, cucumber, mint...well you get the idea. You are limited only by your imagination, or lack of fruit and herbs. 
Stay refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...