Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chili Lime Shrimp - so I've posted the recipe before... I like it a lot!

Chili Lime Shrimp - Cooking Light

Chili Lime Shrimp by Cooking Light

  • YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
  • COOK TIME:
  • PREP TIME:
  • COURSE: Main Dishes
  • Ingredients
    • Cooking spray
    • 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
    • 1 1/2 pounds peeled and de-veined large shrimp
    • 1 teaspoon chili powder
    • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    Preparation
    • 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup onions; coat onions with cooking spray. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and chili powder; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add lime juice, butter, and salt, and stir until butter melts. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onions.


I have to say, this is a favorite of mine!  I love shrimp, even if I possibly shouldn't. Be that as it may, I will continue my love affair with Shrimp, even if it causes my some pain and discomfort.  This recipe is summer on a plate.  I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that I love lime in summer, I will continue sharing my love of lime.  This is a bright, spicy, fresh flavor that I crave.


So as I was typing up this recipe I noticed that it was already done before.  I thought I would share some fascinating or funny story, but I'm all burnt out right now.  That is a story in and of itself. 
I have a house guest, who comes with many helpers right now.  As he put it, he is reposing at our abode. It's a good thing, and we made sure he would be with us so we can all look out for him, but it is work. 
I'm fairly certain I rest and recharge at work more than I do at home now.  I love having everyone around, and I can keep up with the pace, but the down times here show me how much I appreciate the rest and the quiet.

The good thing about this meal is that it will be good for him as well, and it's quick to prepare.  Now, to plan a heart healthy quick meal for a small army....hmmm any ideas?
Last night was turkey spaghetti with whole wheat noodles and a green salad.  Tonight I'm thinking fish or leftovers, but I would really like to use my slow cooker soon to keep things simple.  I'm just not sure how I will accomplish that task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...