Friday, January 13, 2012

On the quest for Bok Choy recipes

These three cook books have one recipe for Bok Choy. I've done better talking with my co-worker about how she prepares it.


So, I decided to just stir fry the Bok Choy, and use a basic vegetable stir fry sauce.
Basics of Stir Fry: Cookinglight.com Techniques cooking class stir frying

Stir Fry Sauce:

3 Cups Chicken or Beef stock (I'm sure any stock that you have would work)
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
3 Tbsp Light Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 Tsp pepper
1 Tsp Sugar

Add to stir fry when vegetables are close to being done, and let cook until  bubbling and thick. Continue stirring constantly until sauce is thickened up a bit.

This was my second Stir Fry this week - there are carrots in there somewhere

This was the first Stir Fry this week
 This week I needed to use up a whole lot of veggies, and this is how I did it.  Yep, and these were finished by the next day's lunch.

So this week we increased our vegetable intake increased, and we have been enjoying every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...