Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year, a new box of fresh local produce


Monday 12/26/2011 - Friday 12/30/2011

3
cnt
Washington
Braeburn Apple


3
cnt
Washington
Bosc Pear


2
cnt
Thermal
Ruby Grapefruit


2
lb
Our Farm
Satsuma Mandarin Orange


1
lb
Our Farm
Baby Bok Choy


1
bu
Our Farm
Bunched Spinach


1
bu
Brawley
Green Leaf Lettuce


1
cnt
Brawley
Fresh Cauliflower


1
bu
Our Farm
Nantes Carrot


1
lb
Hollister
Regular Onion




So, my new box came and I've already been pillaging through it.
My onion I used for a black bean soup that I took to a friends house for New Year's Eve.  The pears are getting eaten on salad and as a snack when I'm not ready to peel an orange.  Carrots, and lettuce are easy enough.  Bok Choy though is one I'm still working one.  I've been told to use it in a stir fry.  Chicken, garlic, onion, bouillon and bok choy...walla instant stir fry.  I am considering this, except I have no onion any more, and it sounds kind of plain. 


“The onions are winning... Hubby is cheering them on.”

I have been using the Instagram  app, and that was one of them.  

Well, in case you missed it, yesterday I got to see a Christmas tree float by my window.  
It was quite serene for being tossed into the lake as it was.
In case you are wondering, I look out to the back yards of some high end homes here, but on the other side of the lake still across from my office but also across from the nice homes, are some apartments.  My guess is one of them tossed it, but I could be wrong.  

The logistics of all those angles make more sense when you know that we are on the corner of an inlet, and the lake is not perfect and round, it has lots of inlets and such. For being a man made lake, it's not bad, but it is pretty green.  I missed the guy fishing in his boat out there yesterday, one day I'll catch a picture, and you'll wonder why anyone would want to eat something that came from that water.

Well, back to seeing what other wonders can be done with bok choy.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...