Friday, July 2, 2010

Things that make me go, hmmm?

This movie was a real eye opener.  It made me think, which was the whole point, and I had to take action. You can pull up their website here Food Inc. and get involved.  There are things to think about beyond just obesity and pesticides.  Do you want to eat cloned food? How does genetically altered food affect our bodies, our hormones, our children?

This combined with my issues with PCOS have fueled my need for change in the way we eat and live. I'm sure that I will be posting more in the future, I plan to tour some farms in the area and I have begun to buy organic foods, and soon I will be buying local organic foods. I have found many new sources through Local Harvest.  They have links for small farms, co-ops, and other sources through out America.

These changes have led me to really seek to find ways to save money in other areas of my life.  I have not switched to all organic everything else, so things like soap, toothpaste, deodorant etc. These things i am learning how to save a bundle on from the Domestic frugalista and the The Krazy Coupon Lady.  There are other sources to learn from, but these have been good for me in finding things that are not only national coupons, but local bargains as well.

We need to remember that legislation only goes so far.  We can not expect big business to look out for our health and well being, we have to look out for our own health.  The way we spend will make the greatest impact, money speaks, this is what big business hears.  If they no longer hear the sound of big dollars, they will begin to listen.

Whatever is the catalyst for the changes made in your life, remember it hold onto it, and stay strong in your convictions.  I want to be a mother, therefore I have to change things in my life to achieve that goal.  I have friends with diabetes who also have to change their life so they do not loose their quality of life.  I'm seeing where there may even be links to autism in the use of pesticides, and that is just scary and sad.  Pick things you can change now, and work to set goals to change the bigger things in your life.  Small steps that you continue for a life time make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...