Friday, February 11, 2011

Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I'm having an interesting revelation today.  I made these recipes yesterday, and loved them. I shared with my co-workers and they too loved them.  I know that sharing this cake recipe with you is something wonderful and you will enjoy this chocolate cake recipe as well.  My epiphany came when I was thinking of post it, I got the pictures and the recipe, but then I was not going to say much else.  I've noticed that I have been doing that lately, it's not that I don't feel the need to talk, but I do this every so often.  It seems that there are dark times that I go through, I'm not sure if others go through this in the same way, but I decided to share.   When I go through these times, I seem to grow silent, I'm sorry.  I will try to make these times few and far between.

I have another fun little tidbit for you all, I have lots of almond flour and coconut flour to use. I generally bake in between Halloween and Christmas, and then I only bake for birthdays and for guests.  I have 5lbs of almond flour to use! eek!  I've also wanted to make a moist lower carb gluten free chocolate cake, and this recipe looked like it would fit the bill.  I was not disappointed, in fact I was delighted with the results.  Keep in mind that gluten free baked goods do not rise like their gluten infused counterparts, so fill the cup cake things about 3/4 full, or a little more. 


Gluten Free Chocolate Cake 
  • 1/2 cup almond flour, firmly packed
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour, firmly packed
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp  baking soda
  • 3/4  cup  honey
  • 5  eggs
  • 1/2 cup  butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 1/4  cup  strong brewed coffee, hot
  • dash of salt
  1. Preheat oven to 325.
  2. Whisk together wet ingredients, except coffee.
  3. Add dry ingredients. Combine well.
  4. Whisk in coffee.
  5. Pour into greased pans or cupcake tin lined with wrappers.
  6. Bake 20-25 minutes for cupcakes or until cake tests clean with toothpick.
  7. Remove from pans, cool completely before icing.
* This recipe can also be used in a 9×13 pan, 2, 8-9inch round cake pans, or 1 dozen cupcakes



Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 Cup butter, softenend
1 Cup confectioners Sugar (more can be added if you want it sweeter)
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract

1 comment:

  1. This looks so wonderful. I would love to just dive right in. I bet that frosting would be great on a flourless chocolate cake as well. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...