Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day and my birthday celebration


 The Birthday Cake I made - GF and LC

My hubby's family celebrates pretty good.  We all get together, have a great meal, there are lots of presents, and we always have fun.  I thought these poppers were cute and brought these for the first time to our party.  We will try these again, but through a different maker.
The cake I made was another variation of this one I had been contemplating Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese

I doubled this cake:

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake 

  • 1/2 cup almond flour, firmly packed
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour, firmly packed (usually this amount is doubled if sifted instead of packed)
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp  baking soda
  • 3/4  cup  honey
  • 5  eggs
  • 1/2 cup  butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 1/4  cup  strong brewed coffee, hot
  • dash of salt
  1. Preheat oven to 325.
  2. Whisk together wet ingredients, except coffee.
  3. Add dry ingredients. Combine well.
  4. Whisk in coffee.
  5. Pour into greased pans or cupcake tin lined with wrappers.
  6. Bake 20-25 minutes for cupcakes or until cake tests clean with toothpick.
  7. Remove from pans, cool completely before icing.
* This recipe can also be used in a 9×13 pan, 2, 8-9inch round cake pans, or 1 dozen cupcakes

With Cherries on top
I used the canned cherry pie filling to layer in between each of the layers, and home made whip cream.



Dinner - a Crab Feast! This is my favorite birthday of the year, and it is my brother-in-laws favorite as well.  I hope that we can do a crab feast every year to celebrate my birthday!

a Balloon bouquet from my mother-in-law
I love Star Gazers
My niece decorating her uncle, He's so patient with her


presents and the cake
The cake looked better before our drive to my mother-in-laws house, in this picture it just looks like it's bleeding to me. My sister-in-law also brought a Boston cream cake, another favorite.

The Family



The Birthday Loot
I received lots of wonderful things, and have been having a great time putting all of these to great use.  That is a real Wizard of Oz lunch box, the metal kind large and pretty.  I had to take it to work to show it off. 


On my birthday, I did have to work.  Luckily my boss believes in celebrating birthdays.
My office was decorated and the party was set for lunch.

My office space decorated

Birthday lunch Celebration, the pink hat is mandatory for the festivities

along with my gift, I was presented with this and the compliments that are pasted on the board now.

My weekend of celebration was wonderful.  We had a great time with family, I had a lovely work party, and we got to spend the night dining together to celebrate both my birthday and our Valentine's day together.  Everyone celebrates holidays and birthday's in different ways, but what ever your celebrations look like, enjoy them.  Savor every moment, life is to short not to enjoy these moments.

1 comment:

  1. My hubby will be sad that he missed Crab Fest! I am not a fan but it looks like it was a great spread with people who love you!

    Miss being with you on your b-days!

    In case you wondered if you want to make angle cake and bleed the juices from the fruit you can use the coconut sugar one tsp works just as well as one tsp of sugar and a few hours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...