|The Birthday Cake I made - GF and LC|
The cake I made was another variation of this one I had been contemplating Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese
I doubled this cake:
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup almond flour, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, firmly packed (usually this amount is doubled if sifted instead of packed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, hot
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together wet ingredients, except coffee.
- Add dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Whisk in coffee.
- Pour into greased pans or cupcake tin lined with wrappers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes for cupcakes or until cake tests clean with toothpick.
- Remove from pans, cool completely before icing.
|With Cherries on top|
|Dinner - a Crab Feast! This is my favorite birthday of the year, and it is my brother-in-laws favorite as well. I hope that we can do a crab feast every year to celebrate my birthday!|
|a Balloon bouquet from my mother-in-law|
|I love Star Gazers|
|My niece decorating her uncle, He's so patient with her|
|presents and the cake|
|The Birthday Loot|
On my birthday, I did have to work. Luckily my boss believes in celebrating birthdays.
My office was decorated and the party was set for lunch.
|My office space decorated|
|Birthday lunch Celebration, the pink hat is mandatory for the festivities|
|along with my gift, I was presented with this and the compliments that are pasted on the board now.|