Friday, February 11, 2011

My dear, dear friend

LEONA DAVIDIAN 

Visit Guest Book

Leona Frances Davidian 1920 ~ 2011 Leona Frances Davidian, age 90, died on February 3, 2011 in Prescott, Arizona. She was born on July 18, 1920 in Akron, Ohio. Leona married Krikor Davidian in North Hollywood, California on June 30, 1974. Leona loved to be outdoors, hiking, biking, and walking on the beach with her husband Krikor, our Dad and Grand-father. When she was younger they could be seen riding their bikes throughout Salt Lake City. She also loved "her hummingbirds", and could spend hours watching them on her feeders. Another one of her hobbies was her "rose garden" in which she took great pride. Her grandchildren, Scott and Karin, remember the times they spent on the beach, camping in the mountains, fishing and eating the "most delicious trout" that they had caught. Leona loved to knit and crochet, especially making scarves for Krikor. Leona and Krikor were born again Christians, loved going to church and bible study. They read their bibles together, every day. She is survived by her loving husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather, Krikor. She is also survived by her daughter, Judy, son Edward, grandchildren, Scott and Karin, and eight great-grand-children, Max, Issabelle, Chloe, Rosie, Elizabeth, Mason, William, and soon to be born Ella. She was preceded in death by her son, Chad. Funeral services will be held in Salt Lake City, at the Redwood Memorial Funeral Home, 6500 S. Redwood Road, West Jordan on Friday, February 11 at 2:00 p.m., with interment immediately following. In lieu of flowers, Leona, would prefer donations to the Arthritis Foundation .

Published in Salt Lake Tribune on February 9, 2011




I found out today that my dear friend Fran passed away, which is just devastating to me.   I have known this beautiful woman since I was in Junior High.  Fran and Krikor opened their home to the youth that came in for Harvest Utah, and they housed my now husband.  That was when I met him. Krikor helped me with my french for school, and came to talk and share with my class, he won them over of course.  He could charm them all.  They were neighbors to my aunt and uncle, and were members of my home church, they were woven into many of my most precious memories, and have been an integral part of my growing up into the person I have become today.  Every moment of my life has include thoughts and prayers and memories of these two wonderful people. She and her husband both prayed for me daily since I was 21, and going through a difficult time in my life. I have only love and respect for Fran, and will miss her dearly.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry. Sending Love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how both our husbands were pulled into their path? They were some of the first people your hubby met and the first people my husband met.
    Just a question I thought it was Frank and Stella that lived next door to the family. I know that Fran and Krikor lived in WVC because we met him at the post office before they moved to be closer to family.
    Any way I will miss her - her hugs, laugh and charm will not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... maybe it was Frank and Stella he stayed with.
    I know that Krikor and Fran loved him and were praying for us, so now I have to remember how they first met. I will miss her prayers, and her hugs. I would have sent flowers if I had known earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...