Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ricotta pancakes & a new fall tea






Yet another recipe from the Metabolism Miracle book by Diane Kress.

This time you will have to look up the recipe or ask for it.  But these are a nice alternative to real pancakes, but you won't be fooled they do taste different, especially with the low sugar Maple Syrup.  Actually the syrup that's low sugar and flavored like Maple, because real Maple syrup is not without it's own natural sweetness.  Personally I will be excited to finally get 8 weeks done and move myself into the next two phases, but so far I've not done a full week yet. This is disappointing, but I have gotten better, and now the summer is coming to a close and I will make a stronger more valiant effort to stick with this for the next 8 weeks.

I have also found a new tea that I love, a red leaf, can you guess what it is? Brand or flavor?  Let me give you a hint, it's not for sale at Starbucks.  Their vanilla rooibos tea, was less than exciting.  I'm sure that there are others who love that tea, but I was not impressed.  It's sitting in the tin, just waiting for someone to drink it.  It's more bitter tasting than smooth.

I'm becoming a big fan of Republic of Tea Hot Apple Cider Rooibos



To let you know, I did not appreciate it the first time I tried it, but the second cup got me.  I had been hopping for more apple flavor, it's a mild tea, not a spicy tea.  It does have a smoothness and a fruitiness that I have grown to love.  See, there are "food" rewards, okay tea rewards, or coffee (unsweetened of course).  Have fun learning all the fun new ways to cook very low carb foods.

2 comments:

  1. wishing you the best on your journey to better health. The tea sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea is yummy! I will be bringing it with me when we come out.
    I'm working on getting back to healthy, and there are challenges. I have to get things made ahead again, so I have a plan. I'm running out of the brownies and the pancakes. I do need to have some grab-n-go foods.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...