Thursday, May 5, 2011

I don't play in dirt, but I like thought of a hanging garden

The start of two tomato plants

This is before the plants were, "planted"

It's hanging so I don't have to crawl in the dirt

Have I mentioned I don't like to play in the dirt?  Have I also mentioned that I have the uncanny ability to kill very healthy plants, that are quite hardy.  It's a gift.

I like tomatoes, I'm at a loss for what to make for dinner with out some for of tomato based thing to pour over or place in my dishes.  I found this little tid bit out about myself this last March, when we were a bit tight on money.  We ran out of spaghetti sauce, canned tomatoes, and tomato soup.  I was also out of rice, and vanilla, and a few other things that I do not ever want to be out of again.  Moving on, back to the plants. I decided that buying fresh tomatoes was rather pricey, and this Topsy Turvy thing promised to help me not kill this plant.  I decided that after re-stocking my supply of canned necessities to begin a hanging garden.  Mine is not quite so lush or beautiful as the Hanging Garden of Babylon was supposed to be, but still bearing fruit and mine to enjoy.  I have a strawberry planter that I need to buy plants for and hang as well. I will post those pictures once I get it up and planted.

Wish me well, it would be nice to have fresh, home grown tomatoes to enjoy this summer.  The perfect compliment to hamburgers, red beans and rice, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, chili, quesadillas, and so forth and so on.  I'm sure you all have something that is a basic necessity that you would be lost without, even if you can't think of it now once missing you'll know, and it will be either a trip to the store or a long wait like I had last month.

Here's to hoping we all have a wonderful fun filled summer!  I'll keep you updated on the tomatoes progress, or demise if I do happen to accidentally kill it.

3 comments:

  1. You forgot salads and nachos! how could you forget Nachos?
    Can't wait to see your plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been having nachos hun. I've been trying to avoid things like that, and they get pricey as well, unless you get the Costco king size, and that's way to many chips for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These seem to be working surprisingly well around here ... hope yours do, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...