Monday, October 25, 2010

Chicken Fingers

I've soaked the chicken in butter milk, this keeps the meat moist. The middle tray is egg white, and the final tray is the coating.  A mixture of Coconut flour, Fiberone, garlic, black pepper, and a little bit of chili powder.  I'm using the Pampered Chef coating trays, the Magic Bullet blender, and Coconut oil for the pan fry.


I used my grill pan, which I might not do next time.  I will probably just use a regular fry pan.


They were delicious!  DH ate more than half! I made these to eat with a baseball game that we were watching.  I like making finger foods.
It was just us so I only used two chicken breasts.

Recipe: Chicken Fingers

2 Chicken Breasts
1 C Buttermilk
3/4 C Fiber One Cereal (Original)
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 C egg whites
dash salt
seasonings to taste (pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder etc.)

Place chicken breasts in a dish and coast with buttermilk, or place chicken breasts in a zipploc baggie and pour in butter milk to marinate the meat, 30 min or overnight.
Blend Fiber One, Coconut flour and seasonings in blender, until Fiber One is a bread crumb consistency.
Place fry pan on oven burner set to med-high, put in coconut oil and let it melt. Set up area to bread the meat. One plate or bowl for egg white, one for bread crumb mixture.  
Shake off milk from chicken breasts, coat with egg white, and dredge in crumb mixture, and place in fry pan.  Turing once one side of the meat is nice a crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...