Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sleep masks and Hot water bottles

If it's good enough for Audrey Hepburn, then it's good enough for me; or something like that.  I love the fashions that Audrey Hepburn wore.  So, why shouldn't her sleep wear be something I would take note of, even if it's only in a movie.

Breakfast at Tiffany's





The Opulence

PCOS: Its just not worth losing sleep over!
It's worth looking into some of the effects of sleeplessness on our bodies. Even WebMD has written articles on sleep and weight loss. Anything, not drug related, that can help you sleep is good to look into.  Eye masks help me the most, along with pilates or yoga moves for relaxation.

How to choose a sleep mask
 This step is another important thing to figure out.  This site has masks for relaxation, and soothing properties, and masks for sleep. If you are like me, sleep is a difficult thing to achieve.  I prefer the 100% light blocking versions, and have the Dreamer currently, but I am considering the Opulence, it's pretty, good for side sleepers, and has a place to put my ear plugs. 


The Dreamer



I have another strange love, hot water bottles. Yep, you thought they were gone ages ago, but really they are quite functional, from heating yourself up to easing pains.  On cold winter nights, it's nice to snuggle under a blanket and hold a hot water bottle on your feet. 
I am particular though about the hot water bottles I use. Plain rubber smells nasty, and you can't put in really hot water.  Fashy hot water bottles have taken it to a new level.  Fashy Homepage
I used to be able to order from Fashion Hot, but that is no longer the case, now to order you can either go to Amazon or straight to My Perfect Beauty


Fish hot water bottle

This one is another of my favorite versions of their hotwater bottle.  If you look hard enough you can find all sorts of shapes, covers, and styles.

Now just to be clear I am not paid to review items, and I only share these little treasures that I have used, loved, or dearly want.  These items here I have and I use on a constant basis.  I have multiple hot water bottles now, and one very good mask, but I am considering another, and I noted before that Opulence is calling to me.

If you find these helpful I'm glad, it will help me later if I find myself needing to reorder these items, the Fashy hot water bottles can take time to track down.  I wish you all restful sleep and warm winter nights.





Breakfast at Tiffany's

3 comments:

  1. One of my other blogger friends found the same mask as in breakfast at tiffanys - I personally love my earth friendly eye mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if your other blogger friend found the ear plugs too! I think that any mask that works is good. But many people who have sleep disorders need to have 100% light blocking masks, and it's good to see some of what's out there. I have another friend who loves all things bamboo, and this site has a bamboo mask, but it is not 100% light blocking. That's why it's good to know what your objective is, and why you need the mask.
    Where did you get your mask, and why do you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://pcos.insulitelabs.com/PCOS-and-Sleep-Apnea.php

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...