Thursday, June 10, 2010

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Earlier I posted a video about Keiko Zoll, who won for her "who i am  video" the link I posted was the list of winners from the first to the last, but it did not have their entire videos but more of a collage of all of them, so here is her video.  It makes me cry, but I think it helps bring understanding. "Who I Am"
(http://vimeo.com/11214833)

Let me tell you a little bit about me, I believe in God, but as I'm learning not everyone who even believes in the same God feels the same way about Him.  My understanding is that He is both love and Justice, but He is not out here putting desires in people hearts to torture them. I could go and quote all sorts of Bible verses, but for those of you who do not believe the same way it is more important for you to understand that even people who sit in the same church and listen to the same words they interpret them all a little bit differently. Find the things that encourage you and surround yourself with it. Do not surround yourself with negativity, it only brings you down and sadness and depression are not helpful for your well being in general.

What ever gives you strength and courage and hope, hold onto it.  My beliefs would encourage you, so I will share the encouragement with you.

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

For other sources of encouragement, I also watch "Facing the Giants" facingthegiants.com This movie is mainly about a football team, but there is another story between he and his wife, trying to conceive.





"For then you will delight in the Almighty And lift up your face to God. Job 22:26

"You have given him his heart's desire, And You have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah."  Psalm 21:2
 "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul." Psalm 94:19 
"He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them". Psalm 145:19 
"Then you will take delight in the LORD, And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, For the mouth of the LORD has spoken." Isaiah 58:14 
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7: 7-8

2 comments:

  1. I am still praying and believing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!
    I'm still believing as well. My walking buddy and I were both talking about this last night, and she had been feeling like God was somehow punishing her, even though she does not believe in Him like I do. We had a good talk, and I think that she left a bit more encouraged that she is not being punished.
    See exercise raises endorphins which make people happy, and happy people.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...