Monday, June 14, 2010

Obsessive

There are moments in my life that I can recognize the obsessive behavior that entangles me a bit. I'm not needing therapy, and it does not run my life, but it can interfere at times.
I have begun a habit of checking my art pages viewing stats, a couple of times a day.  This really is unnecessary, it does nothing except show me if someone has viewed my work.  It does not encourage others to view, it does not bring about a sale, it does not change anything, and yet I have not been able to stop myself.
I'm writing about it because saying it out loud for others to know helps me keep things like this under control, it makes me re-think these actions before I continue to engage in this behavior.  So here it is, my little habit of checking page views, it's annoying me and taking to much time up in my day. I need to give it up. I need to relax and wait for my weekly report and smile when it comes, being excited to see the changes once a week. So, what is one little habit that has become a bit obsessive in your life, and how are you taking steps to change? I would love to hear how these habits have been overcome.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I want more comments I go out and meet new people, write on pages and try to bring people that are similar back to me.
    This is not the best use of time if you are at work but for me at home meeting new and interesting people is sort of a hobby.
    After all I am a writer and I need more charters for my stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been sending some new people to my site, and I have friends who have suggested my site to their friends as well.
    I am considering at some point to do giveaways, but I think I will wait until I have 500 fans. I would give away packages of cards, not the actual print.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...