Thursday, June 10, 2010

Walking buddies

I read an article in WebMD about exercises and some of the things that help you stick to your routine, having an exercise buddy was one of those incentives.  I have a friend I walk with, she and I discuss our lives and we both get a good walk.  We started not knowing each other real well, and now we share many details of our lives I never would have shared in class where I had originally met her.  This last week though I felt horrible, because even after making plans to walk I came home and fell asleep, completely forgetting our walking appointment.  She is very forgiving, and I am grateful.
I was thinking though, there are many people out there in the world, and many people who tell you they are your friends, but they don't stick with you, and others who never really talk about friendship they just practice it.
So, I say we toast to friends, those who practice it.

Here is a picture of the group of ducks that have hung out on our front lawn all spring.  That girl is popular.

1 comment:

  1. I love my walking partner and yes we talk about things that are only known to the closest of the close friends. There is something so bonding about a neighborhood walk partner.
    I am very happy that you have such a great friend to be with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...