Thursday, June 17, 2010

Withdrawls are the pits

I had a camera, I've had it for years.  It was a good friend who traveled with me from my honeymoon and throughout our first years of marriage.  This Valentines day my dear hubby dropped it, this was the first time the drop actually busted the camera up a bit, but it was still usable.  I'm telling you this bit, not to pick on my hubby, I've dropped it many times before, it seems I do that.  I'm trying to explain the more fragile and delicate situation the camera was in when I managed to send it flying into the water bucket in my art room.  I was taking pictures of the mask painting, "C'est la Vie".  The picture is larger than my scanner, and I'm still needing to download the full adobe program and learn how to stitch multiple scans together.  So, the dunk in the water although short was enough for water to get in.  The case was not tight, we had to push the camera back together every time we used it, so there was lots of room for water to enter the cameras innards. I was able to save the memory card, but now the camera does not work.  I tried to dry it out properly, I even placed it in a tub of rice for over a week to help dry it out.  It sounds like it's taking pictures, but they are all black and some times now the camera won't turn off.  It's disappointing, and now I'm hunting for a replacement.

Recently I've learned that coupons can be doubled, and this is wonderful news, but it lead me to look for coupons for cameras.  I found a coupon and a great deal, but now I have to convince my dear hubby that it's worth the price.  This is a challenge, he is not in the mood to spend right now. The sale will last until Saturday, I wonder how this will play out.

KODAK EASYSHARE M530 Digital Camera / Red

So wish me well, and I'll hope that I get a camera soon!  I wish I could get a more professional camera, but those cost more, and this one has not gone over yet. :)
I'm off to dream, have a great night, and I'll let you all know if/when I get a new camera.  Hopefully I won't have to go through a full camera detox, I'm not sure I could survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...