Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chili Lime Shrimp PCOS style


I've served it over a bed of spinach and butter leaf lettuce.  My husbands I served over brown jasmine rice, he needed more sauce to pour over the rice.  I would suggest doubling it to start, and then decide form there if you need more or not. This particular recipe is included in the Fresh Food Fast cooking light cook book.


Cool and Creamy Gelatin Mousse - Metabolism Miracle

Makes 8 1/2 Cup servings

1 (4 serving package) sugar-free Jell-O, your choice of flavor (I've done raspberry, and the picture is the newest lemon flavor)
1 (8oz) container light cream cheese, softened
1/2 Cup light sour cream
1 Cup light whipping cream
2 teaspoons powdered Splenda

In a large bowl, prepare the Jell-O as directed on the box. Refrigerate until almost set but still a little soft, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
Beat the gelatin until creamy.
While continuing to beat with a mixer, add the cream cheese and sour cream, and mix thoroughly.
In another bowl, whip together whipping cream and Splenda until peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the gelatin mixture, leaving it with a marbled look - don't keep stirring until it becomes uniform in color. Spoon into dessert dishes and chill for at least 2 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sorry, I love both of these recipes. The mousse finally looks and tastes like a mousse. I love the chili-lime shrimp this is the second time I've made it, and each time I like it more than before. This is the second time making the mousse and I liked it this time, the first time I made it wrong and it was all sludgy. hmmmm good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...