Monday, August 23, 2010

Priorities and weekends with PCOS, Insulin Resistance etc.



Yogurt - Vanilla

This recipe came with the yogurt maker, and I used the Agave instead of the honey. This is the most versatile thing I could decide on, I can add fruit or jam to it to change flavors during the week.
I have decided that I really like homemade yogurt, my DH has not yet been convinced although he is trying new things more often now.
My weekends have been filled with cleaning, art, and cooking, along with spending time with DH, most of the cooking is for the up coming week.  I'm learning how to make my meals small and easy to take. I also made single servings of SF Jell-O, I'm getting away from products packaged in plastic, and the single serving sizes are more expensive as well as having other additives that I really don't need.





These single servings help me make lunch quickly through out the week.  Easy to grab and pack early in the morning.  I'm all for making sure that lunch is healthy but easy on my schedule during the week.

I had been doing Medifast, and I got very used to eating 5 small meals a day, and one "lean and green".  Somedays I don't follow this pattern, but for the most part I've kept to it.  These make ahead Metabolism Miracle recipes or other sugar free snacks are what I use to make these small meals from.  You have to learn what works for you, but you also need to work with your new diet and make it fit your lifestyle.  This does take preparation, and it gets frustrating, but in the end you can  feel good and look at all of what you had accomplished.  Since I had done the gelatin mousse last week, I still have enough for this weeks lunches.

I will pack on Mouse, one SF Jell-O, an egg and tomato and cheese for an omelete, and one Yogurt.  This will take me through the day, and I can snack on a small handful of nuts if I need to before I head home.  Then I will work out, and make dinner, and then before I head off to bed I will eat the Metabolism Miracle Brownie (I will be sharing that recipe this week.)

You can do this, and to start out use packaged items, until you can switch and make your food ahead on the weekend, or if you have time make one meal each night through out the week until you are set. 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I am glad that you finally got the yogurt maker that you have been dreaming about - even better that you are happy with the results!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make sure that the yogurt does not cool below 110 degrees before putting it in the cooker, so I might need to get another temperature gauge. But i found the Vanilla paste and that was an accomplishment in and of itself. Cooking yogurt takes 10 hours, yeah. That makes it all the more valuable and not to be wasted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...