Friday, August 13, 2010

Ricotta Pudding a la Metabolism Miracle

I have to first admit that I have not done well this week at sticking with this, but I'm working on getting back on track.  So, now for the recipe review.  I like this one, there are three different variations in the book, and I've tried them all and I like them all.  I like them better the day after I mix them, the flavors infuse better.  I have mixed them in my new 1 cup size Pampered Chef prep bowls, making these easy to pack for lunch.  See, I'm not adding BPH to my system, I'm making my own LC foods and I'm using re usable containers.  I'm doing my part to save money, my health and the environment, cha ching! 

Cinnamon Ricotta Pudding - Metabolism Miracle

1/2 Cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
1 Tbsp low fat Sour Cream
1/4 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Packet Splenda 
Light whipped cream
Mix Ricotta, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a desert bowl, chill and served with whipped topping.

Variations include 1/4 tsp chocolate or 1/4 tsp lemon zest instead of the 1/4 cinnamon.

So, my co-worker did not enjoy this like I did, but she also does not like apple sauce.  It's a texture thing, so if you have issues with that type of texture, this might not be for you.  I'm trying to enjoy some of the recipes so that this will become a life time deal for me.  I'm not good at eating low carb, so this 8 week detox has been a rough start.  

I'm also a part of the Yummy Life's Out of the Box challenge, this is really challenging me to do my own prep work and making food from scratch rather than purchasing items from the store that are filled with dyes and preservatives, and all that filler stuff that we really shouldn't be eating.
It's been a real challenge this week as I have not been at my normal energy level, hopefully next week will be so much better.



p.s.
I only review things that I have or have used. I'm not a paid spokes person or paid reviewer.  The links to Amazon will generate some for of compensation through Google's ad sense, but the link directly to the website does not.  I will be posting more recipes from The Metabolism Miracle, and once I get the cook book I will try those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...