Friday, August 27, 2010

My little love affair with Pilates

Working out, this is not necessarily a new challenge, but one I keep changing in my routine. I like to mix it up a bit, I get bored easily.  But there is one area I have needed to focus on, my abdominal area, this whole region seems to have issues.  I was told that yoga would help me in this area, but I have only done a little bit of yoga.

I've noticed that the only thing that has worked to change my stomach at all is Pilates.  I add the work outs into whatever other routine I'm doing and at least do the 10 minute one every day (when I'm being good, last week was not a banner week for me and work outs).
Okay, so there are one particular lady’s videos that I get, because I like them and they are effective.
Ellen Barrett, she is not a drill instruct type, but she does keep me motivated.
I have four of her crunch videos the one I use daily is the Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates, there are four 10 minute work outs: Belly, Buns, Thighs, Total Body

The Belly, as you can imagine, is the one I focus on.
I also do the Crunch Fat Burning Pilates, Crunch Burn and Firm, and the Crunch Super Slim down




I have also done the Yoga Booty Ballet from Beach Body, and they have similar moves, but I used them in conjunction with one another so I'm not sure how well they would do on your stomach without at least the 10 minute Belly work out.

Sit ups, leg lifts, and all of that stuff just have not given me the same results.
So go ahead and get moving.  I am a firm believer that any exercise you will do on a consistent basis, is good.  If you give up, get hurt, or get bored you are not doing yourself any favors.  Find what you love,or will at least do, and begin there, then maybe later on you will want to add more things in, but at least you are doing something now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...