Monday, August 2, 2010

Hope and the prayers of a child

Lady at the foot of the Cross- Dawn Marie Black

I love my niece, she has been praying for us to have twins.  It started when she wanted to know what to pray for us, and my sister told her that I wanted to have babies, so the logical choice would be twins.  My niece is 6, and adorable, she recently added that the twins should be girls.  I'm pretty sure that the hubby and I would like one of each, but we aren't picky, healthy is perfect.
I've been praying myself for years, mostly with tears, sometimes with humor, mostly begging and pleading.  Family asks why we haven't had kids yet, like this is our choice.  It wouldn't hurt if it was our choice, but since it's not, it just doesn't feel fair.  I believe in God, and I pray, but some how it makes me feel so much better to have my little niece praying with us.  She has no fear, nothing has shaken her faith, she has not suffered disappointment and heartache, all she has seen is answered prayers.
Mark 10: 13 - 16
"13- People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14- When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15- I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16- And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them."

These kinds of things continue to give me hope through the challenges of PCOS, and life in general.  So, bring on the twins, it will be so much easier to not have to hear when we are having another after we finally have the first.   One day I will post that I am a happy healthy momma, and that is my prayer.

2 comments:

  1. You have my prayers of course along with those of my daughters. She is starting to sound a little impatient with God lately - last night she prayed "Please Jesus give Auntie Dawn twins - SOON!" It was hilarious still perfect faith just the impatience of a child. She then added that she would like to play with the babies before she gets too old! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, my thoughts exactly! How cute. I am missing her and you and momma today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...